Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Suggested Research Method

For the semester project, I think that I am going to use a survey to conduct my research. I am going to use GoogleDoc to make it and then post it on my Facebook and Twitter. I am also going to ask my parents to post it on theirs. The reason why I want so many people to take it is because I am going to focus my research on the ways that different demographics, especially different age groups and genders, use social media. I will start by asking them personal questions in order to sort them into demographics, and then probably ask them about how much time they spend on social media, which websites they use, the purposes for which they use it, and how important they consider it. I will ask if they have used it for political updates, catching up with friends, business, gaming, meeting new people, etc. I will ask the kinds of pictures they post, like selfies, pictures at parties, pictures with family, pictures of their businesses, and so on. I want to know their opinion on colleges checking Facebook before admitting a student, and if they think Facebook is  a passing trend. I think it is important to focus on age and gender demographics, because I can already picture they way different members of my own family would be answering these questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment